Health Benefits Associated with Poppy Seeds:
- High in antioxidants
- A rich source of vitamin E, calcium, iron and manganese.
- Has a natural, subtle scent
- An ideal carrier oil for blending with other herbal and essential oils
- Popular oil to use in soap making
What is poppy seed oil?
The poppy plant is native to Asia and the East Mediterranean. Poppy seed oil is exactly as it sounds – the pressed oil from poppy seeds. High in omega-9 helps with inflammation and is a highly effective emollient. Poppy seed oil is also an excellent source of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that is known to repair and build tissue and preserves the protective lipid layer on skin.
- Add to your current beauty products to give them an antioxidant boost
- Try using as a natural makeup remover
- Open your pores by applying a hot wash cloth, then massage a few drops into your face
- Use as a massage or carrier oil
- Take advantage of its emollient properties and apply to the ends of damp or dry hair
- Add a few drops to your conditioner to add some extra moisture to dry or damaged hair
100% Poppy seed oil (herbal)
Acquired by cold pressed methods
Because of its natural nature, this product may contain traces of nuts or other allergens. Keep out of the reach of children. For external use only. If contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of water. Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a doctor before use if you are taking any medication or are suffering from any medical condition. Cold pressed on machines that have also been used for nuts and other allergens. We always recommend performing a patch test before first use.