Naturally filter your tap water to remove impurities such as chlorine and chloramines with these bamboo charcoal water filters. Simply place 4 charcoal filters in up to 1 litre of water, or you can opt for the 8 pack if you want to filter more water or have more bottles ready. You can even add one to your smaller reusable water bottle so you have filtered water on the go!
Each pack comes with a reusable natural cotton bag.
We love these ecoLiving bamboo charcoal water filters because they are compostable at the end of their life, but can also be reused in lots of nifty ways around the home! After 2 months of use, dry the filters out thoroughly (in the sun is best), and then use them to help remove moisture from damp areas, mould from those pesky corners in the home, and even place one in the fridge or bathroom to help remove unwanted smells and keep things fresh.
Instructions for use:
- Use 3-4 filters for 1 litre of tap water, and 6-8 filters for 2 litres of tap water
- Wash in running water to remove powder residue (with no detergent)
- Sterilise by boiling for 10 minutes in a pan of water, then allow to cool and dry
- Place in your jug or bottle of water. You may find the charcoal filters float when they are new, but after a week of use, they will sink to the bottom. If after a week they are not floating, don't worry - they're still doing their work, they've just got some air trapped inside.
- For best results, leave for 8 hours (or overnight)
- Suitable for use in the fridge
Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 3.
- Replace your filters after 2 months of use
Please note: Third party products like ecoLiving are excluded from our 30 day money back guarantee unless returned unopened, unused, sealed and in its original packaging. This does not affect your statutory rights.