Walnut oil benefits
- A good source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- Great in salads, smoothies and baking
- Makes an excellent massage or carrier oil
- Distinctive nutty flavour
- 100% pure and natural
What is Walnut Oil?
Technically a seed, walnuts have a distinctive nutty flavour, and walnut oil makes a great addition to salad dressings, smoothies and especially baking. Our walnut oil is 100% acquired by cold pressed methods, then filtered and left unroasted. It has a high level of linoleic acid (omega-6), a powerful antioxidant that has benefits in the body.
Great for Healthy Skin and Hair
Walnut oil makes an excellent massage oil, either on its own, or as a carrier oil to blend with other oils. Benefits for the skin include aiding inflammatory-based skin complaints such as eczema, as the anti-inflammatory properties help counter inflammation.
Walnut oil is also a significant source of alpha-linoleic acid (omega-3), which helps creates a barrier on your skin to retain moisture. The benefits of omega-3 and 6 also have benefits for your hair, including retaining moisture in your hair and improving its elasticity.
- Massage into your scalp, wrap your hair in a towel and leave for 30 minutes or overnight and wash and style as normal
- Best used after cleansing, try replacing your moisturiser with walnut oil as a natural moisturiser
- Use as a massage oil, either on its own, or blended with your favourite essential oils
- Add to salads or smoothies
- Use in baking cakes and biscuits
100% walnut seed oil
Contains nuts (walnut)
Energy – 3700kJ / 884kcal per 100g
Fat (g) – 100 (142% RI)
Of which saturated (g) – 9.1 (45.5% RI)
Carbohydrate (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)
Of which sugar (g) - 0.00 (0% RI)
Protein (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)
Salt (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)