Linseed/Flaxseed Oil Benefits:
- Excellent source of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids
- Alpha-linoleic acid is thought to have beneficial anti-inflammatory properties
- Tastes great when used as a salad dressing or added to smoothies
- Has amazing benefits for your hair, skin and nails
- Delicate, nutty flavour
High in Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Also known as linseed, flaxseed oil is a fantastic food supplement, culinary oil and beauty product. It’s chock full of fatty acids, which our system and skin loves!
Flaxseed is an amazing source of omega-3 – ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is 4:1. Specifically it is a source of alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), which is thought to have beneficial anti-inflammatory properties in the body.
Flaxseed Oil is Amazing For Your Hair and Skin
Flaxseed oil is becoming a popular choice to add to beauty and hair regimes, as the ALA content that benefits us nutritionally can also benefit our hair and skin. The high omega-3 content helps repair skin cells, improve skin’s elasticity and tone, thereby making skin look plumper and fuller. For your hair, its rich omega-3 content is thought to help hair elasticity and strength.
The beauty of linseed (or flaxseed) oil is that its omega-3 content will benefit your hair, body, skin, nails and wellbeing if taken as a food supplement, and it makes a great natural addition to your beauty and hair regime.
Delicious in Salads and Smoothies
Flaxseed oil has a low smoking point, which means it’s not suitable for cooking, but tastes great over salads or added to smoothies. It has a delicate nutty flavour, which is what makes it so perfect for drizzling over salads, whilst adding a boost of omega 3 to your food.
As a food supplement:
- Add to salads or smoothies
- Take 1 teaspoon twice a day, preferably with meals. Do not exceed stated dose.
- Create your own hair mask
- Apply to the ends of hair as a leave in or rinse off conditioning treatment: apply to hair, wrap in a towel, and leave for 30 minutes to overnight before washing and styling as normal
- Add a few drops to your existing beauty regime for an omega-3 boost to your skincare (Always use diluted at 2% strength if applying to skin)
100% linseed/flaxseed oil.
Energy – 3700kJ / 884kcal per 100g
Fat (g) – 100 (142% RI)
Of which saturated (g) – 7.4 (37% RI)
Carbohydrate (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)
Of which sugar (g) - 0.00 (0% RI)
Protein (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)
Salt (g) – 0.00 (0% RI)
Because of its natural nature, this product may contain traces of nuts or other allergens. Keep out of the reach of children. If contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of water. Cold pressed on machines that have also been used for nuts and other allergens. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy lifestyle. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking prescription medication or under medical supervision, it is advisable to consult a GP prior to taking any supplements. Discontinue use and consult a GP if adverse reactions occur. Do not exceed stated dose.