Aloe Aloe Socks
Why we love Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera yarn is fairly new on the textile scene, but once you read all about this incredible material, you'll be wondering why it took us so long to realise!
Also known as the "lily of the desert" and "the plant of immortality", the leaf of the aloe vera plant contains 12 vitamins, 15 minerals, over 70 nutrients and more than 200 active compounds. It's well-known in the cosmetics industry for its soothing skin properties, and many use it as a food supplement because of its vast spectrum of benefits for inside and out.
The Aloe Vera plant can store an impressive amount of water in its leaves, which are stored as the famous "aloe vera gel", which is secreted for aloe vera juices and cosmetics. Its abiltity to store moisture gives it the perfect properties for creating a super soft yarn. Best of all, it's made from the parts of the plant not needed for the juices or cosmetics trade, so we can use as much of the plant as possible.
It's so incredibly soft, we just had to use it in our socks! Aloe Aloe socks are made with 78% aloe vera yarn, which has breathable and sweat-wicking properties to help keep your feet fresh.
Our AloeAloe sock pack comes as a 3 pack, with a pair of grey, black or blue, in a one-size-fits-all.
Aloe Vera material - really?!
The fibres from the outer skin of the aloe vera plant are manually extracted. The cellulose is then extracted from the aloe vera fibre (very similar to how bamboo fibres are created from the bamboo plant) to create a dry fibre that can be spun into a yarn and ready for creating textiles!
Benefits of aloe vera clothing, why aloe vera clothing is great for you:
- Super Soft: aloe vera has breathing and sweat-wicking properties, ideal for items close to our skin like socks
- 100% Natural and Sustainable: a huge rise in farming land designated for cultivating aloe vera juice from the aloe vera plant means a lot of the outer fibrous skin goes to waste. Aloe vera yarn is made from a waste-by-product from aloe vera fibres.
- Green in every way!
Why aloe vera yarn is great for our planet:
- Created from part of the aloe vera plant that would otherwise go to waste
- 100% biodegradable, can be returned to the earth
- Being made from a plant-based material is kind for the planet, because the aloe vera plant absorbs CO2 and expels oxygen back into the air.
More about me:
- Composition: 78% aloe yarn, 19% spandex, 2% elastic, 1% nylon
- 3-pack of grey, black orblue
- We have two sizes, 4-7 or 6-10
- One size fits all
Care and Use:
- Machine wash on cool setting (30 degrees maximum)
- Do not bleach
- Line dry or cool, delicate tumble dry
- Iron on medium
- Do not dry clean
Bedding and clothing is excluded from our 30 day money back guarantee unless it is returned unworn, and in its original packaging.