Benefits of Bee Propolis:
- Contains anti-microbial, anti-oxidative, anti-ulcer and anti-tumour properties
- Commonly used to help boost immune system to prevent coughs and colds
- Known to help treat yeast infections, genital herpes and cold sores
- Our bee propolis contains 15% bee propolis
- 100% natural ingredients
What is Bee Propolis?
Propolis - aka, ‘bee glue’ - is a resinous mixture created by honey bees, which they use to seal up unwanted spaces in their hive and protect it from infection. It's been used in tribal medicines for thousands of years thanks to its antimicrobial, anti-oxidative, anti-ulcer and anti-tumour properties.
Bee propolis extract is becoming a popular, natural supplement to help boost our natural defences and immune system. If you think about it, honey is an extremely popular, natural food item that is recommended to help soothe sore throats and battle cold symptoms, so it would make sense that other items found in the bee hive have similar properties.
How is Bee Propolis made?
Honey bees combine their saliva and beeswax with other matter collected from various botanical sources.
This material is then used to seal up small cracks in their hive, preventing the possibility of predators and harmful bacteria entering the beehive.
Studies on Bee Propolis
Although there is still a lot of research to be carried out on bee propolis and exactly what is in it that makes it so vital to the protection of the bee hive, scientists have discovered that bee propolis is jam packed full of bioflavonoids – compounds derived from plants.
Bioflavonoids are well-known for their potent antioxidant properties. These bioflavonoids may promote a healthy immune system.
Other studies have shown that it:
- Has been known to lower the risk of coughs and colds: Bee propolis’s immune-boosting properties can help fight the common cold, plus its anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties can help those unwanted post-cold infections that can follow on from colds and flu.
- Has been known to help treat candida symptoms: Candida is a common cause of yeast infection caused by Candida Albicans. We all have small amounts of candida in our mouth, intestine and even skin, and day to day it does not cause issues. However, when the Candida yeast suddenly grows out of control, it causes fungal infections – most commonly thrush. A weakened immune system, high stress levels and a diet high in sugar and refined carbohydrates are among the most common reasons for generating this sudden growth of the candida yeast. The potent bioflavonoids found in bee propolis are believed by many to act as an antioxidant so powerful it can improve your immune system, and therefore contribute to a reduction in chances of suffering from thrush and other candida-caused problems.
- Associated with increased fertility for women with endometriosis: There is a lot of excitement surrounding one particular study – randomized and controlled – after results showed that taking 500mg of bee propolis twice a day for 6 months resulted in a rate of 60% pregnancy rate in women with mild endometriosis, compared to 20% pregnancy rate in the placebo group.
How do you use propolis?
We recommend using our Liquid Propolis twice per day by adding 5 drops (0.25ml) to products such as water, coconut water, yoghurts etc.
It can also be applied to your skin as a natural anti-oxidant rich moisturiser.
Liquid Propolis Extract (15%), Glycerin* (80%), Water (5%) *Glycerin is from a plant-derived source, making this a vegetarian-friendly source of Bee Propolis.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and healthy lifestyle. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking prescription medication or under medical supervision, it is advisable to consult a GP prior to taking any supplements. Discontinue use and consult a GP if adverse reactions occur. Do not exceed stated dose. Store in cool dry place. Keep away from children at all times. Avoid this product if you are allergic to bees or bee products, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or suffer from asthma.
Avoid this product if you are allergic to bees or bee products, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or suffer from asthma. Manufactured on equipment which processes products containing nuts, milk, shellfish, fish and soya. Store in a cool dry place.
Vegetarian / Vegan Status
Suitable for Vegetarians / Not Suitable for Vegans