Avocado Oil Benefits:
- High in omega fatty acids and antioxidants
- Rich in lecithin which helps retain moisture
- Avocado naturally contains vitamins a, d and e
- Excellent for hair and skin health
- 100% pure and natural
What is Avocado Oil?
Avocado oil is the oil pressed from the pulp of Avocado fruit – Persea Americana. We can’t get enough of this Superfruit when it comes to Primal foods, but it’s also extremely beneficial when applied to the skin or hair. As avocados are primarily made of healthy fats, avocado oil is jam-packed with fatty acids – made up of about 70% oleic acid (omega-9).
Oleic acid is a highly effective emollient which can restore moisture deep inside your skin, as well as combatting inflammation – ideal for irritated or inflamed skin. Those with dry skin will find oleic acid from the avocado oil particularly beneficial. Fatty acids are also a fantastic source of antioxidant, which help fight the signs of aging and other environmental factors that affect the look of skin.
Great for Healthy Skin and Hair
The emollient properties of avocado oil are also advantageous for anyone with dry or brittle hair. Avocado oil is rich is lecitihin – fantastic for retaining moisture. Thin, dry or aging hair will benefit from this superfood oil.
Finally, avocado oil naturally contains vitamin A, D and E. Vitamin E is hailed as an anti-aging nutrient, which can reduce inflammation, repair damage to skin cells (and also hair follicles), while vitamin A can reduce fine lines and rough skin by stimulating collagen growth. Remember, anything that is good for your skin can be good for your hair too – a healthy scalp will provide the best start for healthy hair growth.
- Apply a few drops of avocado oil directly to your scalp. It should absorb fairly easily without the need to rinse; if your scalp feels oily, wash it out with some natural shampoo and use a little less next time.
- Avocado oil makes an excellent de-tangler. Apply to the ends or tangled parts of hair and comb through.
- Apply sparingly to split ends.
- Apply as a hot oil hair mask (but please take care!) – especially beneficial for anyone suffering with dandruff or a dry, itchy scalp.
- Apply directly to skin, leave to sink in, then wash your face with warm water.
- Use as a cuticle nail oil.
- Can be used as a massage oil.
- Use as a moisturiser either on its own or by adding to your favourite creams.
100% Avocado oil (herbal)
Acquired by cold pressed methods
Because of its natural nature, this product may contain traces of nuts or other allergens. Keep out of the reach of children. For external use only. If contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of water. Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a doctor before use if you are taking any medication or are suffering from any medical condition. Cold pressed on machines that have also been used for nuts and other allergens. We always recommend performing a patch test before first use.