An indulgent, yet healthy low carb 'spaghetti' recipe cooked with fresh king prawns and served in a creamy white sauce. Perfect for anyone following a paleo, Primal and keto diet!
Besides the fact that this recipe is totally low carb, it's also a 2-in-1 kind of recipe because the white sauce can also be a perfect accompaniment to any meat, fish and vegetable dish too!
White sauce, also known as Bechamel, is a classic recipe made from butter, milk and flour. This recipe on the other hand, contains zero flour and zero thickeners. It's also incredibly easy to make too and once you know how, you'll never buy the shop brought stuff again!
As for the spaghetti, we'll be using slim noodles (made from non-GMO konjac flour) to achieve the same texture, apperance and flavour, but minus the carbohydrates and pairing it with fresh king prawns and garlicky asparagus.
How to make the creamy white sauce
Once your asparagus and king prawns are cooked and transferred to a plate, you can start on your white sauce.
You'll need just a few ingredients: organic full fat cream, organic cream cheese, seasoning and nutmeg, to which you'll need add to a pan and melt completely.
Once the ingredients have melted, you'll whisk the sauce to the perfect consistency for you.
While this recipe is low in carbs, it's high in healthy fats which will ultimately leave you feeling fuller for longer. Just make sure you use organic ingredients with zero added ingredients!
I hope you enjoy this delicious and creamy prawn spaghetti and don't forget, the white sauce can be used in additional recipes too. Enjoy and make sure to share this recipe with a loved one too.
Low carb prawn spaghetti with a creamy white sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Begin by oiling a pan and add the butter on medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and continue to stir the garlic to avoid it from burning. Stir for a few seconds and add the asparagus.
- Cook the asparagus for 5 minutes, continuing to turn the asparagus as it cooks in the pan.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Oil the pan again if you need to and add the king prawns. Cook until pink and fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add the ingredients needed for the white sauce into a non-stick saucepan and melt on medium heat. Make sure you are stirring the sauce throughout this entire process. Bring the sauce to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. While the sauce simmers, whisk the ingredients to help thicken the sauce.
- Add the drained noodles to a pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the prawns and asparagus back into the pan and mix everything together. Add the sauce (you may wish to use all of the sauce or half depending on how creamy you want your spaghetti to be) and mix everything together once again on medium heat. Season with extra salt and pepper.
- Serve the spaghetti and garnish with parsley.