A low carb pasta dish tossed in a delicious homemade creamy pesto sauce & served with tender chunks of chicken. This is a quick and easy dish for all pasta lovers alike!
If you're looking for a pasta dish that's free from carbs (yes, really) but still satisfies that pasta craving, then this creamy chicken pesto pasta is for you.
The best thing about pesto pasta (if you ask me) is the creamy pesto sauce. Not only is it bursting with flavour, but it totally brings any pasta recipe to life. To make this recipe as healthy as possible, I'll be using our homemade Primal Living pesto recipe which can be found on our free app, Primal Living.
Making your own homemade pesto is incredibly easy (even though it might not sound like it) and it means you can control whatever ingredients go in there. You'll also find that most supermarket pesto jars use vegetable oil. We like to use olive oil in ours and I promise you it is so quick and simple to make.
As for the pasta, we'll be using konjac penne pasta. It's a low carb alternative pasta ingredient and it's completely free from carbohydrates and 100% natural. Paired with the creamy pesto, the pasta works really well and really does trick the taste buds!
I love to top this creamy chicken pesto pasta with toasted pine nuts and of course some extra parmesan cheese. Because it wouldn't be a pesto pasta dish without a little extra cheese, right?
This recipe is everything and more that you could possible want from a creamy pesto pasta dish. It's creamy, it's flavoursome, it's vibrant and it's made from fresh, healthy ingredients.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Don't forget to share it and tag #PrimalLiving so we can see your delicious creation on social media. Enjoy!
Low Carb Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (I use our homemade pesto recipe found on the free Primal Living app)
- 1/2 cup organic full-fat cream
- 2 packets konjac noodles (I use the Thai noodles to get that tagliatelle look)
- Toasted pine nuts, 1 large handful
- Black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Begin by cooking your chicken in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 190c.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the homemade pesto using the instructions on our Primal Living app.
- Once done, add 1/2 cup of pesto and full fat cream to a frying pan on medium to low heat and slowly mix together. Once combined, drain the konjac noodles and add them to the pan. Bring the pan to medium heat and keep stirring.
- Once the chicken has cooked, slice and add it to the pan and stir again to combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle a handful of pine nuts on top.
- Serve with a grating of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!