Make your own homemade and sugar-free tomato juice that's healthy and packed with nutritious ingredients. This recipe is quick, primal and paleo friendly and easy to make at home!
Whether you have abundance of tomatoes sat at home or you simply adore the flavour of tomato juice, then you'll love this recipe which shows you how to make your own tomato juice yourself.
Tomato juice is rich in nutrients like vitamin C, B and potassium. It's also a brilliant source of antioxidants which can help reduce inflammation and your risk of heart disease, although it's important to consume 100% tomato juice without the added refined sugar - which is why we love making it at home.
Tomatoes have also been known to help manage blood sugar levels too. According to diabetesincontrol.com, 100% tomato juice may help reduce heart risk in people with type-2 diabetes. Another study also found that drinking tomato juice for three weeks has a blood-thinning effect in people with diabetes.
Whether you call it a fruit or a vegetable, this recipe is juicy, tangy and the perfect juice when you fancy something refreshing and healthy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Don't forget to share it and tag #PrimalLiving so we can see your delicious creation on social media.
Healthy Homemade Tomato Juice Recipe
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp xylitol (or stevia)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 8 drops of Tabasco (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a large saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Leave for 25 minutes until the ingredients turn mushy.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor and blend until you end up with a juice-like consistency.
- Pour the juice through a sieve into a glass to catch any remaining tomato flesh and seeds.