This week calls for a bit of a random dish, but one that turned out so great. This creamy avocado, spinach and sardine dip will be your next party stopper. Trust me.
With just a few simple ingredients, I've created a creamy, cheesy dish that's perfect for dipping your favourite savoury snacks into.
I've used 2 avocados for the main base of the recipe and mixed it with wilted spinach, full-fat organic cream cheese, garlic, chilli and believe it or not, sardines too.
A favourite cheap source of omega 3, both fresh and tinned sardines are great for our health. In fact, they contain far less mercury than most other fish and a 3.5-ounce serving contains as much omega-3 fatty acids as pink salmon. They're also a brilliant source of vitamin B12 which helps our cardiovascular system and boosts our energy.
How To Make A Spinach and Avocado Dip
To get started you'll need to wilt the spinach for a couple of minutes with boiling hot water. Whilst the spinach wilts, chop up one of your avocados and add it to a food processor. We used our Slender Blender Pro which comes with both a food processor and smoothie blender.
Next, add the garlic, chilli, lemon and chilli flakes and blitz to a rough paste. Once the spinach has wilted, add this to your food processor and blitz again with the cream cheese.
Finally, cut up your other avocado into cubes and mix it into the mixture, followed by the drained sardines.
When it comes to the recipe itself, feel free to swap the sardines for another protein alternative. Chicken would be just as delicious - just make sure you brown it off before you add it into the mix to cook. Enjoy!
Creamy Avocado, Spinach & Sardine Dip Recipe
- 200g spinach
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 1 green chilli (sliced)
- 2 sardine tins
- 2 large avocados (chopped)
- 100g full-fat organic cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
- In a drainer, wilt the spinach with boiling water and leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Add 1 of the avocados to a food processor along with the chilli, garlic, chilli flakes and lemon juice. Blitz together until a rough paste forms.
- Add the spinach and cream cheese and blitz once again. Add the remaining avocado chunks along with the sardines and mix by hand.
- Pour the mixture into a skillet (or baking dish) and pop into the middle of the oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy hot.