This easy low carb mushroom and sausage breakfast bake with pesto, parmesan and pine nuts is perfect for breakfast or brunch and will certainly be a crowd pleaser for all.
I love making breakfast bakes because they're not only easy to make, but they're perfect for squeezing in a whole load of nutritious ingredients. This mushroom and sausage breakfast bake is made with eggs, sausage meat, mushrooms, pesto, cheese and pine nuts. It's also pretty versatile, so feel free to switch around a few ingredients. For example, swapping the mushrooms for spinach or kale will work perfectly.
This breakfast dish is hearty, filling, full of flavour and provides a hearty serving of healthy fats! I like to make this dish on a lazy weekend morning, but feel free to make it in advance and enjoy it as a quick nutritious breakfast during the week.
Cheesy Mushroom & Sausage Breakfast Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 125ml organic vegetable stock
- 55g parmesan cheese
- 60g pesto
- 145g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Sausage meat from 6 organic sausages, pre-cooked
- 4 eggs
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 tsp pine nuts
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 200c.
- In a mixing bowl, add your eggs, vegetable broth, cheese and pesto and whisk everything together.
- Add your sliced mushrooms and mix everything once again. Add a little black pepper to taste.
- In a baking tray (I use 9x3) add your already cooked sausage meat and cover the bottom of the dish evenly.
- Pour your egg mixture on top of your sausage meat and top with pine nuts and a final sprinkle of black pepper.
- Place in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes. Your breakfast bake should be golden on top before removing from the oven.
- Once done, remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!