Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE) is a faster acting variant of the more commonly used Creatine Monohydrate. Naturally produced by the body and found in some protein based foods, Creatine – when taken correctly – can increase power output, lean muscle mass and improve recovery time.
Creatine Phosphate (or Phosphocreatine) is stored in the muscles and is activated as part of the ATP-PC* system to provide immediate support for brief, high intensity exercise.
Specifically, Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL draws less water into cells than regular Monohydrate as it is absorbed by the body; it does this by using fat more efficiently.
Creatine naturally retains water in cells. Whereas large amounts of Creatine Monohydrate are needed because absorption is poor, leading to bloating as excess molecules sit ineffectually outside of the target cell, Creatine Ethyl Ester uses fat to permeate the cell wall in greater quantities… This means less dosage requirements and less of the infamous ‘creatine bloat’.
The ATP-PC (Adenosine Triphosphate – Phosphocreatine) system is known as the ‘first responder’ of energy systems. It is the basic fuel source for all your physical functions; whether you eat, breathe, or sprint to the car. It kicks in after just thousandths of a second but the body can only store enough ATP and PC to support around 6 to 10 seconds of strenuous effort… This is where Usain Bolt finds his speed.
The benefits in more detail:
- Replenished ATP-PC supplies
- By maximising Creatine storage in the muscles, ATP can be replenished quicker, giving you more energy to lift heavier weights, train harder and at a higher intensity
- Increased muscle growth
- Muscle volume is increased as more Phosphocreatine is stored, meaning the muscles are better hydrated or ‘volumised’; triggering protein synthesis for improved strength
- Improved muscular recovery
- As above, more effective protein synthesis reduces muscle breakdown for better recovery as research suggests lactic acid is buffered